Known issues for Sitecore XP 9.3
This article describes the known issues with the Sitecore® Experience Platform™ 9.3.
For all Sitecore Experience Platform documentation, please visit the Sitecore Documentation Site.
For information about the availability of the fixes for the mentioned known issues, please refer to the Release Notes of the future Sitecore Experience Platform releases.
- The Send Email Campaign Message form submit action is visible when your Sitecore XP solution is configured to run in CMS-only mode. (357739)
- The EXM icon is displayed on the Launchpad when your Sitecore XP solution is configured to run in CMS-only mode. (357564)
- In the Email Experience Manager, the Launchpad icon is not displayed in the Safari browser. (357548)
- On Azure deployments with default settings, rebuilding the search indexer can overload the overall platform. As a consequence, xConnect collection and search roles can be unstable and the indexer logs exceptions while rebuild is still running. (369962)
Workaround: In the \App_Data\jobs\continuous\indexworker\App_Data\config\sitecore\SearchIndexer\sc.Xdb.Collection.IndexerSettings.xml file, in the <IIndexRebuildFlow> section, change the Batchsize value from 5000 to 1000.
- In Sitecore xDB, this issue occurs in solutions that have Always On configured for the Processing.Tasks database.
If a manual failover (via SQL Management Studio) is performed when state information about the history of the rebuild process is being written to or retrieved from the database, the state might not be stored or retrieved from the database after the failover.
Furthermore, the following exceptions might be thrown:
The issue arises when failover occurs in the middle of a transaction. Retrying in the middle of a transaction is not supported. (332036)
- System.InvalidOperationException: This SqlTransaction has completed; it is no longer usable.
- System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: A transport-level error has occurred when receiving results from the server. (provider: TCP Provider, error: 0 - The specified network name is no longer available.
- System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException (0x80131904): A transport-level error has occurred when receiving results from the server. (provider: TCP Provider, error: 0 - An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host.
- When you modify and publish a shared field, only the current language is re-indexed. (327109, 36156, 340939, 345720)
Workaround: in the \App_Config\Modules\PublishingService\Sitecore.Publishing.Service.config file, in the <events> section, un-comment the item:saved event.
Note: this workaround might result in a performance trade-off.
- In the Publishing Service dashboard, the information about a recent publishing job might be displayed incorrectly if the publishing job was triggered as a site publish. (345381, 345718)
- The languages displayed in the Publish dialog are not listed in alphabetical order. (345365, 345717)
- In the details view of a publishing job, dates are listed in a different format than those on the dashboard page. (349963, 349895)
- The Publish Dashboard job details dialog does not contain any information about repair mode and the clear cache options. (351027)
- In the Publish Dashboard job details dialog, the item start path is not the same as the item start path in the Publish dialog. (350717)