How to disable Content Testing functionality
This article describes how to disable the Content Testing functionality in Sitecore XP 8.0.
Content Testing uses scheduled tasks for different actions such as rebuilding testing indexes. If you do not use this feature, it can be disabled to avoid unnecessary server load.
- Disable all *.config files in the \App_Config\Include\ContentTesting folder. The files can be disabled by changing the file extension to .disabled.
- Archive the /sitecore/system/Tasks/Schedules/Content Testing item in the Master database.
- Archive the /sitecore/content/Applications/WebEdit/Ribbons/WebEdit/Optimization item in the Core database. This will completely disable the Optimization tab in the Experience Editor.
Note: There are Attributes and PageProfileSettings chunks on this tab that are not related to Content Testing. If you use these chunks, you can move the following items:
under the /sitecore/content/Applications/WebEdit/Ribbons/WebEdit/Experience item.
- Archive the /sitecore/client/Applications/Launchpad/PageSettings/Buttons/Marketing/Experience Optimization item in the Сore database.
- Navigate to the \Website\sitecore\shell\client\Sitecore\ExperienceEditor\Pipelines\InitializePageEdit folder and change the InjectOptimizationViewMode.js file extension to .disabled.
Change the ContentTesting.AutomaticContentTesting.Enabled setting value to false in the Sitecore.ContentTesting.config file that is located in the \App_Config\Include\ContentTesting or the \App_Config\Sitecore\ContentTesting folder (depending on your Sitecore XP version):
<setting name="ContentTesting.AutomaticContentTesting.Enabled" value="false" />